2021 Worldwide Weather

Greek Bonfire

Last night we had a sudden strong rogue tornado rip through our area. I was headed to the basement when just as suddenly, the warning in my area was lifted. The wind was so loud I could barely hear the television reporting on the weather. Other areas south and west of me got hit by it. We are in a drought, and it was good to get a good rain, but we sure didn't need the drama.

Daimona

Last night we had a sudden strong rogue tornado rip through our area. I was headed to the basement when just as suddenly, the warning in my area was lifted. The wind was so loud I could barely hear the television reporting on the weather. Other areas south and west of me got hit by it. We are in a drought, and it was good to get a good rain, but we sure didn't need the drama.
Glad you missed the main "event".
The closest I've been to a tornado are a few dust devils,. :rolleyes:

Shanazel

Wow, that's a little more exciting than one likes one's life to get. At this moment, I am enjoying the perfect June morning: barely a breath of wind, sunshine, low 60s, and the roses are in full bloom. The writers group I belong to met here last night, and after an judicious application of OFF!, we had a lovely Midsummer Day evening that only broke up with the onset of dark. Ahhhh. Every February, I wonder what in the hell I am doing in Wyoming and every June, I remember. 🌹

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
My wife said it hit Roselle - she lived there when she was a child. Tornadoes terrify me beyond the capacity for rational thought - give me an earthquake any day! "We have cows..."

Suzanne Azhaar

Yet another day of heat. Bright side- low humidity. Played with dogs in the early a.m., before 80F. Currently 91F, don't leave anything important in the car or you'll come back to it melted and sad looking. Hiding inside and under a/c. Working on assaya choreography. Novice at Saidi, but willing to give it a whirl.

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

The next four days will have more dramatic storms. I just hope the tornados behave themselves and don't suddenly appear. The devastation from it in certain towns is bad but at least no one was killed.

Shanazel

We've had rain twice this week: real rain that falls and soaks into the soil and actually does something more than make the top layer of dust on our road slick. Currently 67 degrees with the possibility of more rain over the next couple of days with highs n the mid-70s.

Suzanne Azhaar

Welcome to summer in N.M., where the sun and heat turns everything to dust. People complain about our green 'lawn' and the overuse of water during drought. (What they've failed to notice is a good portion of it is low profile weeds, that grow anywhere, with or without water.)

Greek Bonfire

Welcome to summer in N.M., where the sun and heat turns everything to dust. People complain about our green 'lawn' and the overuse of water during drought. (What they've failed to notice is a good portion of it is low profile weeds, that grow anywhere, with or without water.)

I still love New Mexico. By the end of this week, we will have had two weeks of rain. Everything it seems is overdone. Put a fork in me.

Daimona

Today it has been a perfect day for being outside - which I have been (even getting paid for it! #lovemyjob 🥳 )
19C, partly sunny, partly cloudy and a mild breeze now and then. Summerly rain is forecasted for tomorrow, then temperatures will rise to pretty hot the rest of the week (app. 30C this weekend).

Ariadne

It's hot.

CURRENT WEATHER
5:38 PM

113°F
RealFeel® 112°
RealFeel Shade™ 110°

Sunny and hot
Alert
ALERTS
Excessive Heat Warning
9:00 AM Wednesday - 9:00 PM Sunday

CURRENT AIR QUALITY
AQI

Poor
The air has reached a high level of pollution and is unhealthy for sensitive groups. Reduce time spent outside if you are feeling symptoms such as difficulty breathing or throat irritation.

I'm having trouble breathing.

Shanazel

Oh, yuck, Ariadne. I hope it gets better- we need you to breath. Air quality bad because of wildfires? We've got smoke here, too. 72 degrees right now, high predicted of 97, which is hot for us.

Greek Bonfire

I hear it's insanely hot and dry by you, Ariadne. I hope you get relief soon. I'd send some of the rain we are getting here, although they keep telling us we need more as the last two years we didn't get enough. Now, we are getting it in 4-6 slots!

Ariadne

It's been a 20 year drought, though we've managed. This year is incredibly bad though. We're hitting new records with the heat constantly and the snow pack we depend on just wasn't there this last year. Add to that all the fires in the states surrounding us and the air pollution just keeps getting worse. It's bad enough I had to go get an inhaler just to cope. Meanwhile we're one of the fastest growing areas in the country and there is real concern about the water running out.

We are praying for relief.

Shanazel

Gal came in the museum today. She was from San Antonio, TX and was bitching at top speed about how Californians were moving in and ruining Texas so she was going to grace Wyoming by moving herself here. I couldn't resist: I asked if she had any idea what people in Wyoming said about people from Texas. She had the grace to look embarrassed. :sneaky:

Ariadne

lol!

We get that here too, lots of people moving from Cali. I don't have a problem with it but I do have to roll my eyes anytime someone complains about all the reasons they left Cali in one breath then turns around and complains that we're not more like Cali in the next.

Greek Bonfire

Good on you both!! It's still raining here - I'm sick of it. We get a break this afternoon until Thursday, then hopefully after that, several days of no rain. It's so saturated everywhere.

Shanazel

Rained a little over half an inch yesterday. Cloudy today. Suits me. Hope it will be nice on Granby Lake this weekend. Both my daughter and I could use a nice restful weekend together.