2021 Worldwide Weather

Suzanne Azhaar

It's a gorgeous day outside. Sunny sky, slight breeze, roses are in bloom, hummingbirds sipping from the waterfall. Amazing. Where am I? Sewing, sewing, sewing. No stress. (Lie.) Nope. None at all. Super easy costume project. (Also a lie.) Saturday deadline.

Ariadne

The extra cold has finally passed and we're looking at 98F today. It's nice but I was kinda enjoyed the delayed summer.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
The weather here is definitely warming up - pretty soon it'll be too hot to do much outside.

Shanazel

My daughter is in Miami this weekend. Just sent me a photo of her pregnant tummy, her legs, her bare toesies, and the beach and Atlantic in the distance. It rained here this evening. Rain. Fifty degrees right now at 11:10 p.m. Seventies predicted for the rest of the week along with more rain. If there isn't too much rain, I can still move one of my roses and pull some more weeds.

Shanazel

49 degrees, still-ish, high of 81 predicted! Went out this morning and pulled a few weeds while the coffee pot warms up. Everything is green right now with rain predicted for next weekend, so maybe it will stay green more than three minutes this year. Trees and lilacs in full bloom down in town; ours are a bit further up here, but are getting there.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
In the very low 80s here, getting the grass cut this week as its supposed to be in the 90s next week!

Ariadne

Still in the 90's here but it varies from low to high depending on whether it's sprinkling or not. I've almost finished transplanting all my starts to the pots. The garden is looking wonderful.

Greek Bonfire

We will be having high 80s-low 90s for the next few days. That part is fine with me. However, we are facing a major drought. I don't know how that's going to affect the 17-year cicadas that will be surfacing next month, but that part I'm not looking forward to as I live in an older village. They're harmless but they creep me out and they tend to get lost in some people's hair, literally.

Daimona

I've been out doing field work this week. A bit of rain, but mostly sunny or cloudy. Temperatures between 8-15 C and pretty nice if it wasn't for the pollinating trees. Had to get my short sleeved (woollen) tees out when working in the sun.

Shanazel

Forty Degrees F-style, cool, overcast, periodic mists of rain. I'm hoping the gentle weather will help my Snow Pavement rose recover from her transplant day before yesterday. Was a little too far into the season to move her, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes. Still, it makes me sad to see her all tired and wilty. :(

Ariadne

Tell me about it.

It's been cool and windy the last week, high 80's low 90's. I finally have my entire garden in so now I just have to see if it all lives through the summer. I am harvesting the basil already. Fresh basil is so worth it.

Suzanne Azhaar

Let's not have a round two of yesterday's weather. Thunder, lightening, hail, torrential rain, horrible sideways wind, creepy silent pause, then more thunder, lightening, hail, torrential rain, and wind. I'm done.